Sunday, October 13, 2013

2nd grade Kids homework

So, what am I supposed to do with an over zealous Child, who's eager to learn, yet 'doesn't' read...yet? It's a tire some task to read through all of the Assignments my 2nd grader is required to complete. It's beyond grueling! Hours after hours, days after days and now, Week after week, it's grueling. From the work book pages, to the print outs, to the Assigned reading, to the silent reading book, To the writing assignments, to the lesson's learned/ Achieved. Oh wait, but that's not all! There's still like 5 websites that have to be met! Remember, my lil 7 year old doesn't read! It's disheartening that her mind just blocks It out! She has no desire to fulfill her reading Level. Her world is 'learning' but OTHER things! She's the creative learner. She wants to perform and dance and sing and act and play make believe. Conveying to her that she must meet her obligations Is irrelevant. Not to me, but to her! No amount of threatening and punishment has changed The situation for the better! She cries and get's frustrated. She groans and moans. Then I groan and moan! Aaahhh! I wanna pull my hair out! Phew, then it's done!she finished her last sheet On Reading Comprehension! So, I'm done with this week and yet another series Is before us... Moaning and Groaning I finish... Be well

No comments:

Post a Comment